Sunday, November 22, 2015

ILP 2: Lynda.com course

     For my second independent learning project, I decided to register for Lynda.com and take a course. I found a course called "Educational Technology for Student Success" led by Renaldo Lawrence. Lawrence's goal for the course is to show and help teachers use different ways to create and use interactive content to help engage students. He talks about how students can get engaged by learning how to learn with all the tools available to us in our modern technological society. The course explains how using these tools will help train students to be independent learners in the future.
     Some topics covered in this course include:

  • identifying your goal and making a plan
  • keeping your content organized
  • capturing and sharing learning events using digital tools
  • sharing your links with parents and students
  • having students take digital videos in class
  • creating and using QR codes in the classroom
  • incorporating google earth in lessons
      I particularly liked this course because it was easy to follow and learn. I had never been on Lynda.com before this course, but I really think it is a great tool for teachers and people with any profession to learn a skill. Their library of courses is huge, and can ultimately benefit anyone because their content is so diverse. I liked how the site was treated like an online class. It made it feel more familiar to me. The script of the video scrolled next to the video which I really liked because sometimes I miss a word or two. Overall I think that course and Lynda.com in general can be very helpful tools. 




2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this before and it looks very interesting! I might even use this in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great overview of the course. The bulleted list is a great set of tips. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete